Carey Bay Preschool is a “not for profit” Community Based Preschool that caters for children aged between three years and school age (5-6 years).
Our Pre-school is part of Macquarie Preschools Co-Operative with another centre at Blackalls Park.
Preschool Hours of Operation
Our Preschool hours are 9.15am to 3.00pm.
We offer extended hours 8.15am to 9.15am and 3.00pm to 4.00pm for families who require additional care for their children. The cost for these extended periods is $6 per hour
We are closed school holidays and public holidays.
The Aims of Carey Bay Preschool
- To provide a warm, caring and relaxed atmosphere where children feel welcome, happy and comfortable to explore and further develop their knowledge and skills.
- To provide a Preschool environment which is supportive, stimulating, aesthetically pleasing, safe, fun and challenging, encouraging children to think, solve problems, be creative and make choices in their play.
- To support and facilitate children’s learning by guiding and extending the interests, strengths and development of each child through close collaboration with parents and caregivers.
- To provide a supportive environment where parents and caregivers can feel comfortable discussing concerns and encouraged to share their ideas, experiences and skills to further enhance the Preschool Program.
- To provide the children with experiences and interesting materials/resources to inspire children to think, explore, create and problem solve.
- To provide an environment and experiences which encourage the development of social skills, independence and high self esteem.
- To assist children and families to prepare for further educational experiences.
- To provide an environment where diversity is respected and embraced.
- To provide a supportive environment to assist children to develop a love of ‘school’ and a love of learning.